Namespaces

From: Richard Newman <r.newman@reading.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 23:08:10 +0100
To: public-rdf-dawg-comments@w3.org

Howdy,
   In "Namespaces:", immediately preceding <http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-
sparql-query/#operandDataTypes>:

---
The namespace for XPath functions that are directly available by name
is  http://www.w3.org/2004/07/xpath-functions. The associated
namespace prefix used in this document is fn:. XPath operators are
named with the prefix op:, XML Schema datatypes with the prefix op:,
and types of RDF terms with the prefix r:. SPARQL operators are named
with the prefix sop:.
---

   So,

fn: = http://www.w3.org/2004/07/xpath-functions.

   I have two preliminary observations:

1. "XML Schema datatypes with the prefix op:". Shouldn't this be xs:,
judging by 11.1, or xsd:, following convention?
2. The only namespace prefixes listed in 1.1 are rdf:, rdfs:, and
xsd:. AFAICS, this leaves:
   a) fn: defined, but not listed in 1.1
   b) op:, sop:, xs:, and r: without a definition that I can see in
this document.

   Thoughts? If someone knows the URI for sop:, I'd very much like to
be corrected, as I'm trying to write that part of twinql :)

   Thanks,
-R