Re: [OK?] Re: SPARQL: Security Considerations

From: Eric Prud'hommeaux <eric@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 14:46:54 -0500
To: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
Cc: public-rdf-dawg-comments@w3.org
On Fri, Nov 11, 2005 at 12:32:02PM +0100, Bjoern Hoehrmann wrote:
> * Eric Prud'hommeaux wrote:
> >The editor's draft now has:
> >[...]
> I think this is reasonable. I see that the section is referenced from
> the media type security considerations; it seems that UTF-8 should be
> a normative reference as UTF-8 support is required of application/
> sparql-query implementations and that the document should say that the
> security considerations of UTF-8 apply.

Just to be clear, are you saying that SPARQL Query's Conformace
section should mention the UTF-8 security considerations, or that
the mime type registration should?

The SPARQL grammar is defined in terms of unicode, but not any
particular encoding. The mime-type registers a subset of SPARQL
query strings, specifically, those written in UTF-8. For example,
I've attached some text in an iso-latin encoding which is a SPARQL
query, but is not application/sparql-query .

I've added some text to the mime registration:
Security considerations:
    See SPARQL Query appendix C, Security Considerations as well
    as RFC 2279 section 7, Security Considerations.

Let me know if this is what you were thinking of. And, as always,
feel free to prefix the Subject: of a reply with [CLOSED] when you
consider the issue closed.

                        5322 Endo, Fujisawa, Kanagawa 252-8520
cell:   +81.90.6533.3882

email address distribution.