Re: [OK?] Re: SPARQL: Security Considerations

On Fri, Nov 11, 2005 at 12:32:02PM +0100, Bjoern Hoehrmann wrote:

> * Eric Prud'hommeaux wrote:
> >The editor's draft now has:
> >[...]
>
> I think this is reasonable. I see that the section is referenced from
> the media type security considerations; it seems that UTF-8 should be
> a normative reference as UTF-8 support is required of application/
> sparql-query implementations and that the document should say that the
> security considerations of UTF-8 apply.

Just to be clear, are you saying that SPARQL Query's Conformace
section should mention the UTF-8 security considerations, or that
the mime type registration should?

The SPARQL grammar is defined in terms of unicode, but not any
particular encoding. The mime-type registers a subset of SPARQL
query strings, specifically, those written in UTF-8. For example,
I've attached some text in an iso-latin encoding which is a SPARQL
query, but is not application/sparql-query .

I've added some text to the mime registration:
[[
Security considerations:
    See SPARQL Query appendix C, Security Considerations as well
    as RFC 2279 section 7, Security Considerations.
]]

Let me know if this is what you were thinking of. And, as always,
feel free to prefix the Subject: of a reply with [CLOSED] when you
consider the issue closed.
--
-eric

                        5322 Endo, Fujisawa, Kanagawa 252-8520