RE: User defined operations and PREMISES keyword

Dan,

Thanks for answering my comments.

The FROM approach is valid only if the client has the ability to serve the
premises from a URI. This requires from the server the ability to resolve
the URI, establish the connection to a server and fetch the data using a
specific protocol. On client side, this would require to store the data on a
an external server (web server ?). This approach requires a lot of
infrastructure to put in place.

There are many case when clients generates premises in memory and want to
communicate directly with local query engine (ARQ for example and not from
the web).  For example, a client may draw a polygon on a map and asks the KB
server to provide all the Point of Interest within this polygon.
The SPARQL language should provide a mechanism to pass this polygon inline
in the query. My proposal is addressing this need.

I think the protocol should support both remote reference and inline
premises.

>One implementation strategy that is consistent with the specification
>is for the engine to index its dataset before receiving queries and
>not handle on-the-fly additional premises.

I do not see how this could be accomplish, if the interactive client
generates premises on the fly (like the polygon drawn on the map).

Best regards

Stephane Fellah
Image Matters LLC