Re: accessingCollections: postpone due to lack of design/implementation experience?

From: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 07:55:01 -0600
To: James Cerra <jfcst24_public@yahoo.com>
Cc: public-rdf-dawg-comments@w3.org

You're welcome to send comments to
the comments mailing list (public-rdf-dawg-comments@w3.org)
WG discussions, please.

In
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2005JanMar/0282.html
you wrote:
> Yes yes yes yes yes!  This should be a v1 requirement!  One large
omission from
> the spec is how to handle collections and containers.

and you gave an example, but it was an artificial (xyz) example;
the WG was well aware of this ommission when we decided to
postpone this issue.
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/issues#accessingCollections
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2005JanMar/att-0202/22-dawg-minutes.htm#item07

We will only reconsider our decision if we have new information.
The most relevant information is use cases/stories that say
why it's better to delay the release of SPARQL to get this
feature in, rather than release SPARQL as is and add it later.

So far, not very many WG members see a pressing need for this
feature.

D3C2 887B 0F92 6005 C541  0875 0F91 96DE 6E52 C29E