Comments on Query Results XML Format: Extraneous Elements, Boolean Results, and the Namespace

From: James Cerra <jfcst24_public@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2005 21:16:53 -0700 (PDT)
To: public-rdf-dawg-comments@w3.org

I am a little confused why the 'head' and 'results' elements exist.  What's
their purpose beyond encapsulating the 'variable' and 'result' (or 'boolean')
elements exactly?  I don't think that is a sufficient reason to include them as
it unnecessarily complicates the XML tree.

Also, the 2.3.2. Boolean Results example indicates a head section even though
it has no content.  How wasteful!  If you need it, I suggest using a document
like:

<boolean xmlns="...">true</boolean>

That saves bandwidth and removes all unnecessary clutter.

Finally the namespace for the XML format does not follow the conventions used
by the W3C.  Why not use "http://www.w3.org/2004/12/sparql-query-results" which
seems to follow the conventions of other standards like OWL and RDF Schema?

--
Jimmy Cerra
https://nemo.dev.java.net

Discover Yahoo!