Re: Blank Nodes and SPARQL

From: Benjamin Nowack <bnowack@appmosphere.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2005 11:49:32 +0200
To: public-rdf-dawg-comments@w3.org

[...]

>I know I'm not alone in needing to reference bnodes[2], and you seem to
>have roughed out a workable solution.  It would be nice if this was
>included in the spec.

I'd also like to see support for bnode referencing in SPARQL.
I tried a protocol extension first, but found something along the
"== Split the label space of bNodes" idea to be easier for my
use case[1], but that's probably just me. For now I'm using

   _:placeholder_bnode

and

   <_:referenced_bnode>

to separate the different types of bnodes. This also allows me
to keep some sort of backwards-compatibility with other engines,
as they will probably return an empty result (or an error) for
these referenced bnodes instead of a bunch of unwanted statements.

cheers,
benjamin

[1] http://www.bnode.org/archives2/40

--