RE: Questions about OPTIONAL

From: <jos.deroo@agfa.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 14:05:55 +0100
To: geoff@sover.net
Cc: andy.seaborne@hp.com, public-rdf-dawg-comments@w3.org

> That seems more like:
>                A and (B or true)
> than:
>                A and (B or not B)
> You can't really simulate an optional without some form of not (NAF).

I still do the former, but that gives, as Andy says unhelpful answers.
I also did the latter a while back, but then in a monotonic way using
log:notIncludes, however a test case like
is then not giving that "Eve" solution (it works nicely for instance
when in the data :eve is used, but bnodes are existential variables
and ?SRC log:notIncludes {_:eve_0 foaf:mbox <#mbox>} is not the case).
I actually can't implement OPTIONAL