[OK?] Re: Namespaces

On Wed, Oct 26, 2005 at 11:08:10PM +0100, Richard Newman wrote:

> Howdy,
>   In "Namespaces:", immediately preceding <http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-
> sparql-query/#operandDataTypes>:
>
> ---
> The namespace for XPath functions that are directly available by name
> is  http://www.w3.org/2004/07/xpath-functions. The associated
> namespace prefix used in this document is fn:. XPath operators are
> named with the prefix op:, XML Schema datatypes with the prefix op:,
> and types of RDF terms with the prefix r:. SPARQL operators are named
> with the prefix sop:.
> ---
>
>   So,
>
> fn: = http://www.w3.org/2004/07/xpath-functions.
>
>   I have two preliminary observations:
>
> 1. "XML Schema datatypes with the prefix op:". Shouldn't this be xs:,
> judging by §11.1, or xsd:, following convention?
> 2. The only namespace prefixes listed in §1.1 are rdf:, rdfs:, and
> xsd:. AFAICS, this leaves:
>   a) fn: defined, but not listed in §1.1
>   b) op:, sop:, xs:, and r: without a definition that I can see in
> this document.
>
>   Thoughts? If someone knows the URI for sop:, I'd very much like to
> be corrected, as I'm trying to write that part of twinql :)

The lastest working draft [WD] has
[[
The namespace for XPath functions that are directly available by name
is  http://www.w3.org/2004/07/xpath-functions. The associated
namespace prefix used in this document is fn:. XPath operators are
named with the prefix op:, XML Schema datatypes with the prefix xsd:,
and types of RDF Schema terms with the prefix rdfs:.
]]

I had adopted XPath's op: editorial style of indicating operators but
that appears to create too much confusion. I use a new editorial style
now, and there is no URL that identifies the operators.

Plesae respond indicating whether this is satisfactory to you. You may
prefix the Subject: with [CLOSED] if you wish to close this issue.

[WD] http://www.w3.org/TR/2005/WD-rdf-sparql-query-20051123/
--
-eric

                        5322 Endo, Fujisawa, Kanagawa 252-8520