Re: GROUP BY

From: Danny Ayers <danny.ayers@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2005 11:37:13 +0200
To: Richard Newman <rich@holygoat.co.uk>
Cc: Bruce D'Arcus <bdarcus@gmail.com>, public-rdf-dawg-comments@w3.org

> On 19 Aug 2005, at 07:33, Bruce D'Arcus wrote:

> > Danny A. mnetion it awhile back on his blog,

At [1]. What I found was the "Muenchian Method" in XSLT 1.0 could do
grouping of SPARQL XML query results, and multi-level grouping was
possible but not at all pretty.

My application was converting a particular set of RDF statements into
a Javascript data serialization (JSON, [2]). I was using the following
query:

SELECT ?class, ?instance, ?property, ?value WHERE
{
  ?class rdfs:subClassOf gtd:GtdClass .
  ?instance rdf:type ?class .
  ?instance ?property ?value .
 }

- which, together with the GROUP BY styling suggested that it might be
useful for display of fairly arbitrary RDF too.

Cheers,
Danny.

[1] http://dannyayers.com/archives/2005/07/17/sparql-update-5/
[2] http://www.crockford.com/JSON/index.html