Re: More on WITH and FROM clauses (fromUnionQuery)

From: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 08 Apr 2005 15:00:39 -0500
To: public-rdf-dawg-comments@w3.org, Graham Klyne <gk@ninebynine.org>

> I find that having the WITH and FROM clauses as part of the query
language
> radically and unnecessarily curtails my implementation design choices,
> which seems to me like an undesirable property for a
> standard.

The WG has decided to move them from the QL to the protocol,
contingent on finding a suitable protocol design.
  http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/ftf5-bos.html#item_04

The relevant issue is called fromUnionQuery for various historical reasons.
  http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/issues#fromUnionQuery

Thanks for your comments and please stay tuned.

D3C2 887B 0F92 6005 C541  0875 0F91 96DE 6E52 C29E