RE: FROM keyword unnecessary?

From: Seaborne, Andy <andy.seaborne@hp.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 16:29:32 +0100
To: "Phil Dawes" <pdawes@users.sourceforge.net>, <public-rdf-dawg-comments@w3.org>

Hi Phil,

Thank you very much for the observation.  Keep them coming.

At the moment, DAWG is only just on the point of having a protocol
specification so the relationship between the various elements of
the working group's outputs have yet to be worked out.  It is
certainly true that target identification is a necessary protocol
feature and that the API does also provide a way to identify the
target.

There seems no necessity for FROM but it can be convenient.  There
are other local use cases such as scripts - SPARQL is not just a
query language embedded in programs - but the API case can be
expected to be quite common.

	Andy
	on behalf of DAWG