Re: Are literal language tags compared in lowercase?

* Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org> [2017-01-12 17:49+0100]

> > On 12 Jan 2017, at 17:44, Richard Cyganiak <richard@cyganiak.de> wrote:

> >> OK, so "Hello"@en and "Hello"@EN are the same value ("Value Equal"), but they are NOT (in RDF 1.1) "Term Equal”?
> >
> > That’s not what I said.
> >
> > In RDF 2004, "Hello"@en and "Hello"@EN were the same term (that is, they are equal).
> >
> > I don’t recall an intention to change that behaviour in RDF 1.1. So, as best as I can recall, the intention was that these two terms should still be the same term (that is, equal) in RDF 1.1.
> >

> That is certainly how I remember.

A not uncommon implementation of this is to normalize to the first capitolization:

  <Bob> <feeling> "ungry"@en-FR .
  <Sue> <feeling> "ungry"@en-fr .

SELECT ?who ?how { ?who <feeling> ?how }

  | <Bob> | "ungry"@en-FR |
  | <Sue> | "ungry"@en-FR |

--
-ericP