Re: Add Unique URIs for N-Quads, TriG and RDF/JSON

On 27/10/16 15:35, Eric Prud'hommeaux wrote:
> * Andy Seaborne <andy@apache.org> [2016-10-27 14:42+0100]
>>

>> On 19/10/16 14:30, Benjamin Young wrote:
>>> Hey Gavin (et al),
>>> I’ve found that the `application/trig` media type was registered with IANA.
>>
>> "was not"?
>
> The template is at <https://www.w3.org/TR/trig/#sec-mediaReg>.

All the missing ones have the necessary text in their respective specs.

>> I don't see these either:
>>
>> application/n-triples
e.g.
https://www.w3.org/TR/n-triples/#sec-mediaReg-n-triples

>> application/n-quads
>> application/sparql-update
>> application/sparql-results+json

i.e. the RDF 1.1 and SPARQL 1.1 mediatypes.

> There's also app/rdf+json per
> <https://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-json/#sec-mediaReg> but it's only a partial
> registration form. On one hand, it's not commonly used, on the other,
> it would be a bummer to have someone else use the same media type for
> something else.
>
> These are all in application/. N3 and Turtle are in text/.

They were registered by W3C pre RDF 1.1.

> I guess
> it's too late to fix that unless we want to republish the RECs.
> (I feel like my name got in some template somewhere and now it pops
> up in every media type request.)

So who should it be these days?

 Andy