Re: Call for Consensus: IRI resolution tests

From: Ruben Verborgh <ruben.verborgh@ugent.be>
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2016 09:26:10 +0100
Cc: "public-rdf-comments@w3.org" <public-rdf-comments@w3.org>, Andy Seaborne <andy@apache.org>
To: public-rdf-tests@w3.org
Dear all,

Can we agree to include the following tests for IRI resolution?
(https://github.com/w3c/rdf-tests/issues/6, https://github.com/w3c/rdf-tests/pull/13)
 1 (RFC3986 original cases)
 2 (RFC3986 using base IRI with trailing slash)
 7 (RFC3986 using base IRI with file path)
 8 (miscellaneous cases)

The following cases were also proposed:
 3 (RFC3986 using base IRI with /.)
 4 (RFC3986 using base IRI with /..)
 5 (RFC3986 using base IRI with trailing /.)
 6 (RFC3986 using base IRI with trailing /..)
I stand by these cases and several parsers agree.
However, Andy expressed doubts about these cases.

The proposal would be to include 1, 2, 7, 8 already,
and perhaps discusse more about 36 at a later time.

Please let us know if there are any objections to 1, 2, 7, 8
(or perhaps arguments why 36 should also be included).

Best regards,

Ruben