Re: RDF 1.1 Semantics test suite

From: Antoine Zimmermann <antoine.zimmermann@emse.fr>
Date: Wed, 04 Mar 2015 18:01:31 +0100
To: public-rdf-comments@w3.org
I believe that the idea was to have a test for a *kind* of
inconsistencies, with the assumption that if a reasoner can pass the
test, then it is extremely likely that it would pass any other tests of
the same kind.

Other than that, I don't think there was a specific reason.

Note that D-entailment, depending on the datatypes that are considered
in the "D", can be extremely tricky and there are many kinds of
inconsistencies that the test cases are not testing.

A few examples:

{_:x  rdf:type  xsd:string .
  _:x  rdf:type  rdf:langString .}

is RDF-inconsistent.

{rdfs:Resource  rdfs:subClassOf  xsd:string .}

is RDFS-inconsistent.

{rdf:Property  rdfs:subClassOf  xsd:nonNegativeInteger .
rdf:Property  rdfs:subClassOf  xsd:nonPositiveInteger .}

is
RDFS-recognising-{xsd:nonNegativeInteger,xsd:nonPositiveInteger}-inconsistent.

--AZ.

--
Antoine Zimmermann
ISCOD - Institut Henri Fayol