Re: RDF's relative IRI resolution is ambiguous

On Aug 27, 2015, at 7:57 AM, Ruben Verborgh <ruben.verborgh@ugent.be> wrote:

> I meant that, under the RDF model, these are all different graphs
>
> GRAPH []  { <http://example.org/xxx/yyy/zzz/../../../> <http://example.org/a> <http://example.org/a>. }
> GRAPH []  { <http://example.org/xxx/yyy/zzz/../../../>     <http://example.org/xxx/yyy/zzz/../../../a> <http://example.org/xxx/yyy/zzz/a>. }
> GRAPH []  { <http://example.org/xxx/yyy/zzz/../../../> <http://example.org/xxx/yyy/zzz/../../../a> <http://example.org/xxx/yyy/zzz/a>. }
> GRAPH []  { <http://example.org/> <http://example.org/a> <http://example.org/a>. }
>
> Yet they all are the result of parsing the same Turtle file,
> under different interpretations of what "the basic algorithm in RFC3986" means.

FWIW, I don’t think these represent “different interpretations” of the spec text. I think it reveal bugs in the implementations that don’t follow section 5.2 of the RFC. We might wish the Turtle spec text was clearer, but when implementing I understood "the basic algorithm” to be a *description* of what I would find in 5.2, not a named algorithm contained somewhere within section 5.2.

.greg