Re: issues with TriG Test Suite

> On Dec 27, 2014, at 8:05 AM, Ruben Verborgh <ruben.verborgh@ugent.be> wrote:
>
> Dear all,
>
> I am extending the N3.js JavaScript RDF library [1],
> with support for TriG, in addition to Turtle.
> During this process, I ran into the issues below.
>
> 1. The following tests have the wrong title:
> - trig-syntax-bad-n3-extras-01
> - trig-syntax-bad-n3-extras-02
> - trig-syntax-bad-n3-extras-03
> - trig-syntax-bad-n3-extras-04
> - trig-syntax-bad-n3-extras-05
> - trig-syntax-bad-n3-extras-06
> - trig-syntax-bad-n3-extras-07
> - trig-syntax-bad-n3-extras-08
> - trig-syntax-bad-n3-extras-09
> - trig-syntax-bad-n3-extras-10
> - trig-syntax-bad-n3-extras-11
> - trig-syntax-bad-n3-extras-12
> - trig-syntax-bad-n3-extras-13
> They are named "X is not / X not in Turtle"
> but should be named "X is not / X not in TriG".

Indeed, I'll send a fixed Manifest to Ivan for him to update, as I don't have write access to the repo any longer. Note that it doesn't change anything about processing, just the description of the tests (obviously, simply copied from Turtle).

Where did you find the <http://www.w3.org/2013/TriGTests/> URL? The RDF 1.1 Test Cases document [1] references <http://www.w3.org/2013/TrigTests/>.

> 3. trig-syntax-minimal-whitespace-01 contains three syntax errors
> on line 12 and should thus not parse. The line reads:
>    {_:s:p :o ._:s:p"Alice". _:s:p _:o .}
> While the first triple is probably intended to be parsed as:
>    _:s <http://example/a/p> <http://example/a/o>
> and thus to be lexed as:
>    PrefixedName(PNAME_LN) PrefixedName(PNAME_LN) PrefixedName(PNAME_LN) '.'
> it actually needs to be lexed as:
>    PrefixedName(PNAME_LN) PrefixedName(PNAME_LN) '.'
> because PNAME_LN consists of PNAME_NS PN_LOCAL, and the latter may contain colons.
> This behavior is asserted in localname_with_COLON,
> so I find it strange that implementations exist which pass both tests.
> To correct this test case, whitespace should be inserted after each '_:s'.

Not an official response, but _:s is a Blank Node, not a PName, so it is defined as "_:" followed by PN_CHARS_BASE, which doesn't include ':'. PNAME_LN uses PN_LOCAL, which does include ':'. I believe the test is valid.

> When we find a resolution to the third point,
> I'll have a new EARL report to share
> for http://www.w3.org/2013/TrigReports/index.html :-)

I can certainly create a new report, but I'm not sure about updating that link, as it records what was used to transition.

Gregg