Re: Your comments on RDFConcepts & Semantics (ISSUE-145, ISSUE-147, ISSUE-148, ISSUE-159)

From: Pat Hayes <phayes@ihmc.us>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2013 19:58:17 -0500
Cc: Guus Schreiber <guus.schreiber@vu.nl>, "public-rdf-comments@w3.org Comments" <public-rdf-comments@w3.org>, RDF Working Group <public-rdf-wg@w3.org>
To: David Booth <david@dbooth.org>
David, you didn't get a response from me on this:

> ISSUE-159 is almost satisfactory.  I emailed Pat Hayes off list about this, and have not yet seen a response:
> [[
> [Off list]
>
> Hi Pat,
>
> That looks good except that the font on the word "interpretation" is
> wrong: it is not appearing in bold as other defined terms appear when
> they are introduced.
> https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/rdf/raw-file/default/rdf-mt/index.html#notation-and-terminology
>
> Could you please fix that so that I can send back my official response
> saying that I am happy with this resolution?
>
> Thanks,
> David
> ]]

because I never got that message :-). Now I have it, my response is as follows.

The fonts are assigned by ReSpec depending upon the content markup. This is not marked as a definition. As the text states, all the definitions are given subsequent to this paragraph. There are no internal hyperlinks to this paragraph; all internal links from any use of "interpretation" would go to the appropriate definition of simple interpretation, RDF interpretation, etc.. If this were marked as a definition, then all these links would redirect to here rather than where they should redirect to.

I am not sure if this is still an official correspondence, but as it is CCd to public-rdf-comments, let us treat it as one. Please reply to public-rdf-comments indicating whether you find this resolution of ISSUE-159, with my added explanation, above, acceptable.

Pat

IHMC                                     (850)434 8903 home
40 South Alcaniz St.            (850)202 4416   office
FL 32502                              (850)291 0667   mobile (preferred)