Re: Turtle syntax: Please align base URI with RFC 3986 & 3987

On Fri, May 31, 2013 at 3:56 AM, Markus Lanthaler
<markus.lanthaler@gmx.net>wrote:

> Gavin,
>
> This is not entirely correct, I think.
>
> On Friday, May 31, 2013 3:48 AM, Gavin Carothers wrote:
> > @base <//example.org/> . # Creates a new base with either http or
> > https depending on the current document base
> > @base <http://example.org/pointless> . # Creates the base
> > URI http://example.org/
>
> No, this would create the base http://example.org/pointless, i.e.,
> <#frag> later in that document would be expanded to
> http://example.org/pointless#frag

Err... indeed. Not sure what I was thinking yesterday, I think I had spent
too long dealing with path switching in history.js yesterday.

> > @base <> . # Does nothing.
> > @base <b/> . # Adds b/ to the current base
>
> More or less. http://example.com/a would be changed to
> http://example.com/b/

Yep, should have just done all the examples showing a retaliative reference
being resolved with a given base. :\

> > @base <#> . # Still does nothing
> > @base <http://example.org/a/b#> . # Creates the base URI
> > http://example.org/a/ note the lack of a 'b'
>
> Same as above. The new base would be http://example.org/a/b

... sigh... points for consistency in screwing up writing examples?

<c> would resolve to <http://example.org/a/c> is where I was going with
that, but <#c> would resolve to <http://example.org/a/b#c>

Cheers,
Gavin