Re: GLD WG feedback on JSON-LD and API

From: John Erickson <olyerickson@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 30 May 2013 15:21:21 -0400
To: Marios Meimaris <m.meimaris@medialab.ntua.gr>
Cc: public-rdf-comments@w3.org, "public-gld-wg@w3.org" <public-gld-wg@w3.org>
Minor detail: Marios wrote:
> 1.S2 Merge properties (1) and (2) to one: "...it uses HTTP IRIs to
> name/identify things..." as they are essentially talking about the same
> thing.

I respectfully disagree. Having both of these properties in a Linked
Data definition makes the pedagogical point that having URIs is not
good enough; they need to be HTTP-resolvable URIs. I think JSON-LD was
merely following/echoing TBL's LD definition here.

--
John S. Erickson, Ph.D.
Director, Web Science Operations