Re: TriG being disjoint from Turtle

From: Gavin Carothers <gavin@carothers.name>
Date: Fri, 17 May 2013 08:12:55 -0700
To: Jan Wielemaker <J.Wielemaker@vu.nl>
Cc: Andy Seaborne <andy.seaborne@epimorphics.com>, "public-rdf-comments@w3.org" <public-rdf-comments@w3.org>
On Fri, May 17, 2013 at 8:02 AM, Jan Wielemaker <J.Wielemaker@vu.nl> wrote:

> I'm sure this will eventually sort itself out as the old versions of
> these formats die away and everybody complies to the latest standard.
> That might take a while though :-( Also, nobody says this is the last
> revision of RDF serialization syntax.

The goal of this Turtle standardization effort was to NOT change the
parsing of any existing (non pathological) Turtle document. If you are
aware of any changes we made that do change existing Turtle data please
tell us. All existing Turtle documents should parse to exactly the same RDF
Graph (with the exception of changes in RDF Concepts 1.1, such as plain
literals becoming xsd:strings). Parsers need updating to deal with interop
issues, but documents and data shouldn't.

--Gavin