Re: PrEfIx and BaSe should be removed from Turtle

On 05/16/2013 04:50 PM, Eric Prud'hommeaux wrote:
> * Gregg Kellogg <gregg@greggkellogg.net> [2013-05-16 11:42-0700]
>> A +1 from me too. What bothers me more about the SPARQL variations
>> is that it is _illegal_ for them to have a trailing ".", something
>> I think SPARQL is too lax about in general. However, to get a
>> syntax error if it is used is unfortunate.
>>
>> If we were to encourage a change to SPARQL in the future, I would
>> say that keywords MAY have a proceeding @, and that a trailing "."
>> is legal (but not required) after declarations.
>
> I'm a puzzled by why folks think that Turtle rather than SPARQL is
> the norm.

Because data matters more than queries.  Data lives longer and gets
exchanged between parties much more than queries.  Queries tend to be
more private and thus require much less coordination to update.  If
there has to be messiness, it is better to have that messiness in the
queries than in the data.

David