TriG production questions

From: Charles Greer <cgreer@marklogic.com>
Date: Wed, 15 May 2013 09:36:23 -0700
To: public-rdf-comments <public-rdf-comments@w3.org>
CC: John Snelson <John.Snelson@marklogic.com>
Hi all,

Looking at the editor's draft of TriG a couple of questions occur to us
at MarkLogic.

1.  Could the spec be modified to allow TriG to be a superset of
turtle?  Specifically, could the production rules be modified to allow
a set of triples outside of any '{'  '}' to be the same as triples in a
default anonymous graph?  It seems that even now, the rules allow
multiple anonymous graph productions, whose union would be the unnamed
graph.  It would be convenient if we could dispense with these anonymous
curly braces altogether if possible.

2.  The first two production rules
[1g] 	|trigDoc| 	::= 	graph_statement
<https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/rdf/raw-file/default/trig/index.html#grammar-production-graph_statement>|*|

[2g] 	|graph_statement| 	::= 	directive
<https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/rdf/raw-file/default/trig/index.html#grammar-production-directive>
|| | graph
<https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/rdf/raw-file/default/trig/index.html#grammar-production-graph>

permit @prefix statements et. al. to be anywhere in the document.  I
don't have any issue with that, but it was a little surprising to me, as
these always seemed like header information to me, and it seems as
though it might be harder to implement this way.

Charles

--
Charles Greer
Senior Engineer