Re: Language Tag Case Conflict (between RDF1.1 and BCP47)

On Fri, Mar 29, 2013 at 8:13 AM, David Wood <david@3roundstones.com> wrote:

> Hi Hong Sun and Ivan,
>
> Do I understand correctly that these comments apply to Turtle?

Editors option: No, concerns about the case sensitivity, or lack of case
sensitivity do not effect Turtle. Turtle is very careful to avoid doing
anything other then refer to RDF Concepts 1.1. The grammar allows for any
case of language tag segments and specifically passes the tag along as a
"unicode string" no attempt to normalize the language is made as part of
the Turtle specification. That's up to the rest of the RDF stack. We
chickened out.

The only change would be to examples in the Turtle if the WG does decide
one way or the other.

Cheers,
Gavin