RE: [RDF-CONCEPTS] Skolemization

On Monday, June 17, 2013 10:37 AM, Andy Seaborne wrote:
> There seem to be 3 kinds of skolemization:
>
> 1/ replacement (unconstrained; one-way)
>
> 2/ round-trippable (the generating system can recover a bNode if the
> URI comes back; this was one of the original motivations)

I think the key point here is that it is done within the boundaries of a
single system you have control over.

> 3/ globalization (giving a recognizable identify to the bnode outside
> it's original context/data; the bnode is now transferrable to other
> systems; other systems can reverse the process)

Wouldn't that mean that a Skolem IRI === bNode and thus be at odds with the
definition of bnodes: "The blank nodes in an RDF graph are drawn from an
infinite set. This set is disjoint from the set of all IRIs and the set of
all literals".

--
Markus Lanthaler
@markuslanthaler