Re: Input needed from RDF group on JSON-LD skolemization

David

I do not see any point in using a different suffix. The logic of skolemization is the same in both cases. There is no need to 'flag' an IRI to prevent it being made back into a bnode in a situation where it is in any case illegal to make it into a bnode. I think the use of another suffix encoding achieves nothing of value and is likely to produce confusion. For example, would it be an error to use a json-ld-genid (of gen-genid) skolem ID in a situation where it *would* be legal to replace it with a bnode? Therefore I suggest simply using genid for these skolemizations just like the others.

Pat