Re: LD client responsibilities

I agree with your statements, but I don't think this is something that
should come out of the RDF Working Group. The core RDF specifications
are agnostic wrt the Linked Data principles. You can use RDF in many
ways outside the Web of Data.

I any case, the Linked Data Platform working group is defining a
standard [1] where Linked Data clients are also mentioned, e.g.:

"A conforming LDP Client is an application program that generates HTTP
requests and processes HTTP responses that conform to the rules defined
in sections on LDPRs and LDPCs."

Look for "client" in this document, they are mentionned a lot, with
requirements marked with "MUST" do this, MUST do that.

[1] Linked Data Platform 1.0. http://www.w3.org/TR/ldp/

AZ

--
Antoine Zimmermann