RE: The tone of the "JSON-LD vs. RDF" debate (was re: Sub-issue on the re-definition of Linked Data)

On Wednesday, June 12, 2013 7:09 AM, Pat Hayes wrote:
> On Jun 11, 2013, at 7:02 PM, Markus Lanthaler wrote:
> > So, you are raising a new point then. You want the data model section to
be
> > replaced with a statement saying that JSON-LD serializes the "RDF['s
data]
> > model with two generalizations" citing terHorst for the
> > "bnodes-for-predicates generalization".
>
> No doubt that would not fly, so I will not attempt it. But how about
> adding a sentence something like this to appendix A, end of first
> paragraph:
>
> "These definitions correspond closely, both in terminology and in
> general structure, to the abstract syntax of RDF datasets and RDF
> graphs."

I would certainly be fine with this. I would also suggest to append the
following sentence to your proposal

  Complete details of how JSON-LD relates to RDF are in
  C. Relationship to RDF.

If no one objects, I will go ahead and implement these changes.

--
Markus Lanthaler
@markuslanthaler