Re: rdfs:Graph ? comment on http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf11-concepts/#section-dataset and issue 35

From: Jeremy J Carroll <jjc@syapse.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2013 11:09:16 -0700
To: "public-rdf-comments@w3.org Comments" <public-rdf-comments@w3.org>
Sorry, I am failing to be brief ...
On Jul 19, 2013, at 9:35 AM, Jeremy J Carroll <jjc@syapse.com> wrote:

> [[[
>
> rdfs:Graph
>
> rdfs:Graph is the class of graphs. All instances of rdfs:Graph correspond to the RDF model of a graph described in the RDF Concepts specification [RDF-CONCEPTS].
> An instance of  rdfs:Graph MAY also be described in an RDF dataset, in which case the triples in the graph SHOULD/MUST be the triples as specified in the dataset.
>
> ]]]
>

> (I would be happy with either SHOULD or MUST)

looking again, MUST is too strong - since this would allow anyone to modify anyone's else's intent. We need to qualify which RDF datasets and reduce the MUST down to SHOULD.
e.g. "MAY also be described in a related RDF dataset, .. SHOULD ." with the complete modified suggested text as

[[[

rdfs:Graph

rdfs:Graph is the class of graphs. All instances of rdfs:Graph correspond to the RDF model of a graph described in the RDF Concepts specification [RDF-CONCEPTS].
An instance of  rdfs:Graph MAY also be described in a related RDF dataset, in which case the triples in the graph SHOULD be the triples as specified in the dataset.

]]]