Re: Merging and improving the Turtle test suite(s)

On 26/02/13 21:13, David Robillard wrote:
> The Turtle test suite situation is currently a bit of a mess.  There's
> the tests-ttl suite, the coverage suite, the old test suite from the
> team submission [1], and some additions scattered about various
> implementations.  Each of these needs to be run in subtly different
> ways.

Could you say more?  (I run them all the same way)

>There is also serious areas of the new spec that are not covered
> at present, and various miscellaneous trivial issues.
>
> I would like to volunteer to merge the three suites, fix the issues, and
> add new tests to cover the missing areas, if it is agreed that merging
> them is appropriate (I think a single consistent test suite with good
> coverage is at least highly desirable, and probably should be considered
> a requirement for standardization)
>
> In order to do this, the licensing issues of test-ttl/manifest.ttl
> brought up by Dave Beckett [2] will need to be resolved,and perhaps
> test-ttl/LICENSE is a problem as well.  Otherwise I see no barriers (and
> licensing problems for things like this is silly, really)

The LICENSE file is the W3C Software License.

http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Legal/2002/copyright-software-20021231

what's the problem with that?

(note that the conformance test suite should be the W3C test suite
license which has different provisions)