Re: JSON-LD should be an RDF syntax

On Apr 29, 2013, at 9:06, David Booth <david@dbooth.org> wrote:

>> Over extending what RDF is remains its ultimate problem. RDF doesn't
>> have to cloud the definition of everything in order for it to be useful :-)
>
> That's directly backwards.  What's clouding the definition is *not* RDF, but the attempt to redefine the term "Linked Data" to mean something different than what it was specifically coined to mean:
> http://www.w3.org/standards/semanticweb/data
> http://www.w3.org/DesignIssues/LinkedData.html

Yes, agreed. Linked Data builds on RDF and not the reverse. That's why I said that it is fine with me that JSON-LD says "Linked Data" and not RDF.

I am sympathetic to those wishing to broaden the serializations and use of the RDF data model but not to those wishing to include (e.g.) Excel under Linked Data.

Regards,
Dave