Re: Use of XSD namespace in RDF recommendations

FWIW, OWL 2 has a feature to define custom datatypes that can be written
completely in RDF, without using XML Schema.

Your example for Chapman codes can be written as follows, in Turtle syntax:

@prefix geo: <http://www.example.com/geo#>
@prefix xsd: <http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#>
@prefix owl: <http://www.w3.org/2002/07/owl#>
@prefix rdfs:<http://www.w3.org/2000/01/rdf-schema#>

geo:chapman-code  a  rdfs:Datatype;
     owl:equivalentClass  [
         a  rdfs:Datatype;
         owl:onDatatype  xsd:string;
         owl:withRestriction ( [xsd:pattern "[a-zA-Z]{3}"] )
     ] .

--AZ

--
Antoine Zimmermann