Storing Metadata [was: Dataset Syntax - checking for consensus]

From: James Leigh <james@3roundstones.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2012 11:18:16 -0400
To: public-rdf-comments@w3.org
Hi all,

I was watching the thread on on Dataset Syntax[1] and wanted to share
how we store metadata in Callimachus. When a graph is imported into
Callimachus it is given a "local" URI, a URI that resolves to the
Callimachus server. The metadata about who uploaded and when it was
uploaded is stored in another metadata graph (we call it an activity
graph now). I wrote up some examples of these graphs in a blog post
titled Provenance and Traceability in RDF with Callimachus[2]. Check out
the last example for a metadata graph that describes importing another
graph.

Hope this helps,
James

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-wg/2012Sep/0249.html