Re: The rdf:JSONLiteral datatype

Hi Richard,

Here my answers:

On 17.05.2012 20:22, Richard Cyganiak wrote:
> It seems there are number of obvious objections that could be raised against introducing such a datatype and I think they would need answering (for example in a “Rationale” section attached to the proposal).scope of RDF-WG's charter
>
>   • What is the use case for this datatype?
Repository of access control, where we store ACLs in JSON for RDF data.

>   • Are there examples of systems that currently use JSON literals in RDF literals?
Mine :-) . It is only prototype, I don't publish it yet. It's part of my
Ph.D. thesis.

>   • Are there examples of currently published RDF data that use such JSON literals?
For example ACLs.

>   • Why isn't xsd:string sufficient for representing JSON literals?
Well, it is close to approach XMLLiteral. Most of the cases for the XML
xsd:string is sufficient, but it is in spec.

>   • Given that anyone can define new RDF datatypes, why should RDF-WG do it?
Because JSON like XML and HTML is universal and common. There are a lot
of solutions based on the JSON, which can be mixed with RDF in future.

>   • Why is this within the scope of RDF-WG's charter [1]?
It can be connected to JSON serialization, which is in the scope of
RDF-WG's charter.

Cheers,
Dominik