Local names may now start with a digit?

From: David Booth <david@dbooth.org>
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2012 11:41:33 -0400
To: public-rdf-comments <public-rdf-comments@w3.org>
I notice that the Turtle grammar now permits a local name to begin with
a digit, such as foo:1234 or _:5678 .
http://www.w3.org/TR/turtle/#term-turtle2-PN_LOCAL
As far as I remember, this is a divergence from RDF/XML, because XML
local names are not permitted to start with a digit.  When I check the
RDF WG list of resolutions I see no mention of this change, so

I am wondering about the rationale for this change, but I see no mention
of it in the RDF WG list of resolutions:
http://demo.3roundstones.net/rdf/2012/rdfwg/resolutions.xhtml?view

Was this divergence discussed?  And if so, can someone please supply a
pointer to the rationale?

Thanks!

--
David Booth, Ph.D.