Re: Turtle quotation idea unicode

On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 7:11 AM, Henry Story <henry.story@bblfish.net> wrote:
> This is something I was thinking would be useful in Scala
> for regexps for example, where having to decode the number of backslashes makes a nice notation
> unreadable

I think what your asking for are something like r"" strings in Python.
A string  which is designed for including lots of \s ie, used for
regexps .

Turtle is not a programming language. A new literal syntax simply to
reduce the need to escape \s does not seem like a small change nor a
widely needed one. I'd be happy to be convinced otherwise. If we do
chose to add a new string literal syntax I would recommend NOT using
an existing production (which would change the meaning of existing
Turtle files) and using r"" or another prefix.

--Gavin