Re: Updates to JSON-LD specifications

Manu,

On Aug 19, 2012, at 21:14 , Manu Sporny wrote:

> In order to try to make sure that folks in the RDF Working Group are
> aware of the changes made to the JSON-LD specifications, I will be
> summarizing updates to the spec on this mailing list on a periodic basis.
>
> Here's a high-level of what has been changed in the last month:
>
> * Added a normative JSON-LD Grammar as requested by Andy Seaborne.
> * Made a number of editorial changes based on Steve Speicher.
> * Numerous changes to the API specification, including how to
>  implement the API in asynchronous and synchronous programming
>  environments, automatic native type conversion from RDF,
>  and updates to the option passing mechanism.
> * Support for property generators (single term to multiple predicate
>  expansion, requested by Drupal community).
> * Support for language maps (requested by Drupal and Wikidata
>  communities)
> * Re-introduced support for @vocab.
> * A number of editorial fixes requested by the public, or
>  determined to be important by the editors for understanding.
>
> What follows is a complete changelog to the JSON-LD specifications since
> the FPWD of both documents on July 12th 2012.

I think it would be helpful if you guys could rather give a 1-2 paragraph succinct description of the main technical changes which are, as far as I can see, the introduction of @vocab and the language/property mapping features. Unfortunately, the simple github references are not really helpful in this respect, I just highlighted some below...

A specific comment to:

> * Added section outlining the focus on Linked Data and not RDF.
>
> https://github.com/json-ld/json-ld.org/commit/b6cdb369c813b1f630d7e9fd29807a4505fc42c8
> * Added more explanation about the context-sensitivity for @type.

I know that this is a constant balancing act, but I find the adopted language too, ehem, aggressive:-)

cheers

Ivan

P.S. just highlighting the issues around the github stuff:

> https://github.com/json-ld/json-ld.org/commit/15239f904be6b77428699462133848ae292bfa7e
> * Added text to allow language maps in section A.1.

I have not found anything referring to language maps on this URI...

[skip]

> https://github.com/json-ld/json-ld.org/commit/88632b5b31101ecb0a3c6239add8fbacde5631bc
> * Added spec text to support language maps. Closes issue #133.

I do not see anything on language maps under this URI either:-(

I see reference to @language, and I can of course imagine what this means, but this diff URI does not seem to be the right one.

[skip]

> https://github.com/json-ld/json-ld.org/commit/6c219c515deecc85c509e5968c673f275bf5e06f
> * Add @vocab to the IRI compaction algorithm (before considering