Inverse properties in Turtle

From: Dave Beckett <dave@dajobe.org>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2012 10:25:39 -0700
To: public-rdf-comments@w3.org
Dear RDF Working Group

I was prompted to make a comment on adding inverse properties in Turtle
(also called 'is xxx of' in N3).

I personally think this is a bad idea at this stage of Turtle's live,
for several reasons:

1. There was no *high* demand for it over the years.
2. It is confusing to users since you now have to explain why the arrows
   can go backwards as well as forwards.
3. It is not in SPARQL's data syntax.
4. There is a high bar to add a new feature to an existing, well
   understood and implemented language like Turtle.  This feature does not
   fit that in my judgement.

So my request is that you do not add it.

Thanks

Dave