RDF 1.1 JSON Serialisation (RDF/JSON)

From: Graham Klyne <graham.klyne@zoo.ox.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2011 09:55:19 +0100
To: public-rdf-comments@w3.org
Re: http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/rdf/raw-file/default/rdf-json/index.html

I'm probably wasting my time saying this, but I personally think that defining a
JSON format for RDF triples is missing the point of using JSON at all - it still
looks nothing like the kind of JSON a non-RDF developer might produce.

I think the effort would be better directed to defining a common RDF-carrying
JSON syntax that is closer to what applications might actually use.  An example
of the sort of thing I mean is JRON:
http://decentralyze.com/2010/06/04/from-json-to-rdf-in-six-easy-steps-with-jron/, which
I have used quite successfully to migrate an application using non-RDF JSON to
using something that can also be interpreted as RDF.

"Sometimes, if you stand in the right place and squint, JSON and RDF line up
perfectly."  But the view of RDF triples isn't that place.

#g