Re: Brain teaser for non-PK tables

From: Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 4 May 2012 16:09:22 +0200
Cc: Souripriya Das <SOURIPRIYA.DAS@oracle.com>, eric@w3.org, public-rdb2rdf-wg@w3.org, juanfederico@gmail.com, richard@cyganiak.de, michael.hausenblas@deri.org
To: ashok.malhotra@oracle.com

On May 4, 2012, at 15:46 , ashok malhotra wrote:

> On 5/4/2012 5:53 AM, Souripriya Das wrote:
>>   1. strike "is intended to provide a default behavior for R2RML: RDB
>>      to RDF Mapping Language" from DM
> Instead of removing is, could we amend this sentence to say "is intended to provide default
> behavior for R2RML : RDB to RDF Mapping Language from DM except for cases in which the
> SQL table does not have a primary key.  In these situations the DM allows additional options
> re. the mapping of duplicate rows."

Ashok,

please consider my alternative:

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdb2rdf-wg/2012May/0036.html

it goes into the same direction but does not give the impression that there may be different DM versions. It just qualifies the relationship between the DM and R2RML, and is silent on the rest. That seems to be the least-invasive approach at this point...

Ivan

----
Home: http://www.w3.org/People/Ivan/
mobile: +31-641044153