Re: A semicolon in sqlQuery

Juan,

On 5 Mar 2012, at 23:34, Juan Sequeda wrote:
> From all the rr:sqlQuery, test cases 11a, 15a, 15b have a semicolon in the rr:sqlQuery.
>
> Is this a bug? It may be an implementation detail, but some systems may decide to use that sql query as is in a from clause. If this is the case, the semicolon would cause the query to fail.

The definition in [1] says about rr:sqlQuery:

[[
The string must conform to the production<direct select statement: multiple rows> in [SQL2] with an optional trailing semicolon character and optional surrounding white space
]]

So according to the spec as written it's ok to include the semicolon.

I have to admit that I wrote this part without really thinking through the consequences, so if this is a major issue then let's discuss it.

On the other hand, an implementation might just strip the whitespace and optional semicolon to get the “naked” query.

Best,
Richard

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/r2rml/#dfn-sql-query