Re: Pre-CR review - Section 4 comments

On Tue, Jan 24, 2012 at 5:28 AM, Richard Cyganiak <richard@cyganiak.de>wrote:

> Perhaps we should make clearer that the quote above is unrelated to the
> natural mapping, but can only apply when the natural mapping is overridden
> with rr:datatype. Would it help if the quote was rephrased?
>
> [[
> The following conditions give rise to data errors: […] A _term map_ whose
> _natural RDF datatype_ is overridden with a _specified datatype_ and
> produces an _ill-typed literal_ (see _datatype-override RDF literal_).
> ]]

I think that would be good.

I see use-cases where it would be useful to suppress these data errors. For
example, for exploratory work with a database schema as a mapping is being
developed. I think it would be acceptable for R2RML processors to have
options that allow these data errors to be suppressed.  I don't think we
need to do anything in the spec to enable this. It is just another mode
that a specific R2RML processor can be used in.

-David