W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-rdb2rdf-wg@w3.org > February 2012

Re: XSPARQL RDB2RDF testing

From: Nuno Lopes <nuno.lopes@deri.org>
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2012 19:13:54 +0000
Cc: Nuno Lopes <nuno.lopes@deri.org>, RDB2RDF WG <public-rdb2rdf-wg@w3.org>
Message-Id: <E8BC77DC-3B74-4C16-A662-56A438DF4A41@deri.org>
To: Juan Sequeda <juanfederico@gmail.com>
Hi Juan, 

The [1] and [2] from the previous emails are:
[1] http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/rdb2rdf/wiki/Submitting_Test_Results#2._Run_the_engine_over_the_TS
[2] http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/rdb2rdf/wiki/Submitting_Test_Results#BASH_script_to_compare_tests

The pages seem to exist and I can see these links at: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdb2rdf-wg/2012Feb/0033.html, can it be some problem with the formatting of the email?

cheers,
--
Nuno Lopes


On 7 Feb 2012, at 18:47, Juan Sequeda wrote:

> Nuno
> 
> there is no [1] or [2] :)
> 
> Juan Sequeda
> +1-575-SEQ-UEDA
> www.juansequeda.com
> 
> 
> On Tue, Feb 7, 2012 at 12:27 PM, Nuno Lopes <nuno.lopes@deri.org> wrote:
> 
>> Hello all,
>> 
>> as per the telco I'm including my experience with running the test cases
>> with XSPARQL.  First of the process I followed for executing the tests was
>> quite similar to what is described in the wiki page [1].  From my
>> experience, the process seems implementable.
>> 
>> In XSPARQL, with my basic bash scripting skills, I wrote the script at
>> [2], which basically does:
>> - for each directory in the test suite:
>>  - load the SQL script into the database (tested with PostgreSQL and
>> MySQL)
>>  - query the manifest.ttl graph to extract info regarding each test-case*
>>     - run each test-case using XSPARQL
>>     - compare the result of the XSPARQL query to the expected output
>> using JENA's 'rdfcompare'
>> 
>> The output of the script is simply if the test-case was passed or failed
>> (and if it's a negative test) or simply "NQUAD".  In the final step of
>> comparing the RDF graphs, is where I came across the problems of comparing
>> the "NQuads" since this, AFAIK is not supported by JENA.  I did not look
>> into this issue any further.
>> 
>> 
>> * To query the manifest.ttl graph I used an XSPARQL query, probably not
>> the most elegant way but can be replaced with another method.
>> I tried to use as much as possible environment variables in the script so
>> it should be easy to detach from XSPARQL, except for this method of reading
>> the manifest files.
>> 
>> 
>> regards,
>> --
>> Nuno Lopes
>> 
>> [1]
>> http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/rdb2rdf/wiki/Submitting_Test_Results#2._Run_the_engine_over_the_TS
>> [2]
>> http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/rdb2rdf/wiki/Submitting_Test_Results#BASH_script_to_compare_tests
>> 
Received on Tuesday, 7 February 2012 19:18:02 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 7 February 2012 19:18:03 GMT