Re: ISSUE-69 (datatype sizes): datatype sizes

This would force implementations to discard information.

What is the problem with R2RML's approach here, which is “check your DB manual for the maximum length of a VARCHAR, or else pick an arbitrary large number”?

> Unfortunately, these mappings are all subject to vender-specific width limitations, which means that implementors have no idea what to implement in order to interoperate with other implementations.

Why do they have no idea? It says you're supposed to implement whatever the DB vendor says.

Best,
Richard