Re: Re-opening ISSUE-22 on vendor-specific SQL

From: David McNeil <dmcneil@revelytix.com>
Date: Tue, 31 May 2011 14:46:38 -0500
To: Richard Cyganiak <richard@cyganiak.de>
Cc: W3C RDB2RDF <public-rdb2rdf-wg@w3.org>
> So I am still unconvinced that the vendor-specific flag solves more
> problems than it introduces.

I see your points.

> I still prefer the proposal that said, essentially, “you can do
> vendor-specific queries but then you're on your own.” [1]

Maybe that is the way to go for R2RML 1.0.

Although my fear is that most real-world mapping will have some vendor
specific SQL in them, and therefore most real-world mappings will have "no
particular behavior" defined. That seems a bit startling for a spec, but
maybe I could get used to it :)

-David