R2RML terminology: table or view name plus its owner name

From: Sören Auer <auer@informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2011 18:45:26 +0100
To: RDB2RDF WG <public-rdb2rdf-wg@w3.org>
Hi all,

While reading the current R2RML draft I often encounter sentences like
"table or view name plus its owner name" (e.g. first sentence of 3.3
[1]). This sounds a little odd to me (and maybe Oracle vendor specific).
I have the impression what is meant here is database schema name [2].
This however, appears to be always a little vendor specific. Hence, I
would suggest to omit the "owner name" completely throughout the
document and maybe add a note in the terminology section saying that "by
table or view name we always mean the complete name required for the
DBMS to identify the object. For some DBMS this includes a schema/owner
(Oracle) or database (MySQL) prefix."

If I did not misunderstand anything here completely I will create an
issue for this (which probably is not mission critical for now).

Sören

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/2010/WD-r2rml-20101028/r2
[2] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schema_object