Re: R2RML Linked Data Aspects

From: Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2011 18:55:20 +0100
Cc: RDB2RDF WG <public-rdb2rdf-wg@w3.org>
To: Sören Auer <auer@informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
Hi Sören,

On Mar 14, 2011, at 17:51 , Sören Auer wrote:

> Hi all,

<snip/>

> 2. *namespaces* - I could not find any possibility to declare namespaces
> and respective prefixes in the current draft. is that left out
> intentionally? If not, we should add a respective declaration and make
> clear, that only namespaces which are governed by the user creating the
> mapping can be made de-referencable later on for Linked Data publishing.

I just want to understand: do you mean namespaces to be used within an R2RML file or namespaces and prefixes in the generated file?

I am not sure I understand the need for the former; I suspect this is not what you meant.

As for the latter: my understanding is that R2RML defines a way to generate RDF triples from tables. I mean: RDF triples in the abstract, conceptual sense, and not in any particular serialization. On the other hand, the usage of prefixes/namespaces is a matter of a particular serialization; I am not sure it has a place in R2RML...

But I may completely misunderstand you!

Ivan

----
Home: http://www.w3.org/People/Ivan/