Re: RDB2RDF WG agenda for 2011-03-01 meeting 1700 UTC

Hi Everbody,

Marcelo and I just updated the Direct Mapping document [1]. We finished
Section 4: Direct Mapping as rules. We realized that we were being to
verbose so we simplified a lot. We also finished the section that was
missing: Generating Reference Triples.

In summary, the cases that a direct mapping should consider are

Table Triples

1) Table has a PK (single or multi)
2) Table does not have a PK

Literal Triples

3) Table has a Pk (single or multi)
4) Table does not have a PK

Reference triples:

Given two tables: r1 and r2

5) Table r1 has a PK (single or multi) and table r2 has a PK (single or
multi)
6) Table r1 has a PK (single or multi) and table r2 does not have a PK
7) Table r1 does not have a PK and table r2 has a PK (single or multi)
8) Table r1 does not have a PK and table r2 does not have a PK

We have other things on the agenda, so I guess we won't be able to discuss
this today.

Time permitting, I'll have an implementation ready based on the rules.

Cheers

[1] http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/rdb2rdf/directMapping/

Juan Sequeda
+1-575-SEQ-UEDA