Re: Review of R2RML working draft

From: Richard Cyganiak <richard@cyganiak.de>
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2011 18:41:15 +0100
Cc: public-rdb2rdf-wg@w3.org
To: Sören Auer <auer@informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
On 25 Jul 2011, at 14:31, Sören Auer wrote:
> While the example is
> quite intuitive in general the part with "rr:parentTriplesMap" is not.
> What does this property actually mean here? Can we add a brief
> conceptual explanation?

Ok, I see. I've broken down the example into three steps instead of two (1. start with a simple table; 2. use a query-based table with a computed staff number; 3. add the triple that connects the two tables) and added more explanation for the third step. I hope that helps.

>> Might replacing "SQL query-based table" with another term ("Logical SQL query", "R2RML View", whatever) help?
>
> "R2RML View" would be actually a nice term for that, since this is what
> it actually is a workaround for not being able (or requiring the
> privilege) to create real views. On the other hand as you mentioned
> below the analogy with SQL views is not completely correct.

I like "R2RML view" too, and have changed the spec to use this term. I think that the Note explaining the difference to "real" views is sufficient to avoid confusion.

Best,
Richard