Re: ISSUE-37, ACTION-138: DBMS connection details in R2RML mappings

On 7/12/11 10:07 PM, Richard Cyganiak wrote:
> On 12 Jul 2011, at 21:12, Kingsley Idehen wrote:
>> On 7/12/11 8:25 PM, Richard Cyganiak wrote:
>>> I'd add:
>>>
>>> - authenticating user password
>>> - JDBC driver class name
>>> - JDBC connection properties
>>> - the base IRI
>>>
>>> This would complete the list of things one can specify in D2RQ (all optional). A couple of them are wrapped into a JDBC URL.
>> What about ODBC ?
> We didn't support it in D2RQ (except for what you can do with JDBC-ODBC bridges) since we were in a Java environment.
>
> For R2RML neither JDBC nor ODBC are really all that great because both of them are tied so strongly to a particular implementation environment.
>
> But defining a new, third option is of course also bad.

What I am trying to highlight is the fact that SQL connections can be
abstracted by merging JDBC and ODBC connections strings. They are both
from the SAG CLI genealogy. There's little between them.

Every RDBMS is ODBC and JDBC accessible, so we can list all the
Attribute=Value pairs that constitute a connection URL.
> Hence my proposal to POSTPONE.

If need be, Ted can pick up and deliver it quickly.

Kingsley

--

Regards,

Kingsley Idehen